Hearing the sounds of rats or even seeing them directly is very annoying. Moreover, when you know that they make a mess because they have gnawed your wires and damage your furniture, you will be angry with them and you want to get rid of them from your house.
In case the rats live at your home, and you want to get rid of them, you are able to kill them by any methods including by using poison. But, perhaps you do not want to get rid of rats by using poison because you think that it is inhuman. Besides, you also have to know that not all rats will die by using poison. So,you need another method to kill the rats. You can get rid of rats and mice without poison. How to do that? Follow the steps below.
1. The first thing that you have to do is to discover how the rats can get into your house. You have to check all parts of your house like plumbing stacks, eaves, vents, chimney, and also attic. In the attic, you will see rats trails that will help you identify entry points and you will discover rat damage which you will repair like gnawed wires or pipe.
2. Second, you must seal up all the entry points. You have to do that because in case you let the entry holes open and you try to trap them, the rats will keep coming. The rats are easier to trap in case the exits have been sealed off.
3. In this stage, you need to trap and eliminate the rats. There are three methods to trap the rats:
- by using the standard lethal snap traps
- by using live cage
- by setting a one-way funnel door exit on the primary rat entry or exit hole after you identified it.
If you want to use the lethal snap trap, you need to set them on their runways. You can use peanut butter, berries, dried fruits, insects such as slugs, snail shells that you put on the traps as rat bait.
4. The last stage is cleaning up after the rats. You have to deodorize and decontaminate the whole areas after you have removed the rats because rats and their feces can cause many diseases. Rats leave a strong pheromone scent that have the ability to attract new rats to your house. Urine and gland grease that rats leave is the source of the scent. .
Well, you have to follow the steps above carefully if you want to get rid of rats without poison. When you remove the rats, you have to be careful. Make sure that you throw away the clothes that you wear when you handle the rats because who knows that there is virus or bacteria that stick to your clothing during handling rats. You also have to wear mask and gloves when you clean your house from the rats. Hopefully, this method can help you get rid of rats in your house.