The existence of rats in your home can be a problem. They can make a damage, carry disease and contaminate food. You feel angry and disgusted for sure if it happens. But, you do not need to be worried because there are ways to kill the rats effectively. In this article, we are going to give you the ways to kill rats naturally. But, before we go on, first we have to know the signs of rat presence. Here they are.
- You can find live or dead rats.
- You find their droppings particularly around human or pet food or around trash areas.
- You hear noises in the dark like scratching sounds from the roof.
- You find nests or piled nesting materials in hidden places.
- You find wires that were gnawed.
- You find burrows around the yard, under the home or outbuildings or gnawed fruits in trees.
- You find smudge marks along walls or rodent hairs along paths, in nests or near food.
To get rid of rats indoors, you can try the methods below.
– You are able to seal up all holes and cracks in your home where the rats may be gaining access. Rats can get through the smallest of holes. So, if you intend to block them completely may not be possible. But, you can make it more difficult to get in. You can check around your foundation, windows and door frames for small holes, cracks or improper seals. You also can use caulk, putty or weather stripping to fill any access places that you find.
– Besides, you can try to remove any rats that are already in your home by using snap-style traps designed to kill the rats quickly. Catch the rats in live traps like Have-A-Heart traps and then drive them at least a mile from your home before you release home.
– You can let the cat to get into your house. Cats are great hunters and natural rat predators. You will still kill the rats indirectly but it will not cause them great pain. This is just a way of initiating the natural cycle. A cat that is good will clean up your infestation of rats in just several weeks. You have to note that a cat will not be able to catch a rat which is in the roof or behind a wall.
– You are able to use glue boards to get rid of rats. These are flat sticky pieces of wood which trap rats until you are able to remove them. You have to make sure that you only set glue boards in case you intend to kill the rats.
– You can also leave rat poison or traditional snapping rattraps in rat-infested places. You can buy them from hardware stores and the other retailers in case you decide that you want to kill the rats. You have to know that rat poison does not kill a rat instantly. It can take up to a week to kill the rat. The rat will be in huge pain during that week.
That’s all some ways of getting rid of rats in your home. You can try those ways and hopefully the methods can really works so that your house will be free from rats.