Some people underestimate the rodents that live in their house and think that they will go away by themselves. You have to know that if you let them live in your house, they can multiply more and more and then it will be more difficult to get rid of them from your house. So, if you find rodents like rats or mice at your house, you have to get rid of them as soon as possible. Beside they can grow more and more, they also can damage your furniture, wires, food and the worst thing is that they can spread diseases.
In this article, we are going to give you some steps to make mouse trap from 2 liter soda bottle. By creating it by yourself, you can save your money and also you do not have to worry because this trap is humane. You also do not need to buy tomcat mouse trap because perhaps you have the other things that are more important to buy. So, how to create this mouse trap from 2 liter soda bottle? Here they are.
- First, you have to cut the top off a 2 liter Coke bottle and then set the top aside. After that, cut below the tapered top end of the bottle.
- Second, you have to fill the bottom part of the bottle with aquarium or outdoor gravel. This gravel will act as a weight and avoid the trap from toppling over when the mouse is inside.
- Then, add some spoonfuls of peanut butter, cheese or the other food to the base of the bottle on top of the gravel. This peanut butter is used to entice the mouse so that they will come to the bottle.
- Now, remove the bottle cap from the cut off the bottle top and turn the top upside down. So, the spout will face down and resemble a funnel. Then, you have to set the upside down funnel into the open end of the bottle.
- In this stage, you have to use duct tape or packing tape to tape the edges of the funnel and the bottle bottom together. It seals up any loose edges and secures the funnel piece in place.
- Then, you need to dip a paper towel in olive oil and rub it onto the funnel. This will make it more difficult for a mouse to get traction, and this makes it more likely that it falls into the pit while attempting to get to the food.
- Put the trap in the area where you often see any mice or mouse droppings, near the wall or near the hole where they reside.
- You can also stack a series of books to form a staircase to the top of the bottle to help a mouse to get into the bottle easily.
It is very easy, isn’t it? Beside the steps are simple the materials that are needed are also available at your house. So, happy trying!