A lot of people tried to make this trap and then they found that the mouse can jump straight out of a five gallon bucket so that they say it does not work. So, you need to add three or four inches of water to the bottom of the bucket to avoid that experience. But, if you do not want the mouse dead, try not to add the water. Who knows you can be successful to catch the mouse without adding water to the gallon bucket.
This trap with bucket mouse trap roller is very easy to make. You can make it without having to buy a trap that perhaps it is expensive enough for you. Even you do not need to call the exterminator if you can catch the mice everyday until they vanish.
The fact that mice live in your house is a bad thing. The existence of them are signed by some signs including:
- Seeing dead or live mouse.
- Gnawed pits in food, insulation, etc.
- Seeing their droppings that is ¼ – 1/8 inch with pointed ends.
- Rodent hairs.
- The rank odor of a big infestation.
When you see the signs of mice as mentioned above, you need to get rid of them. But, even though you are annoyed by the mice, you probably want a no kill trap. Well, if you want that kind of trap, you can make a 5 gallon mouse trap. Some people say that 5 gallon mouse trap not working. But, actually it happens because they do not add the water to the gallon. Water? What does it mean? Well, you can make the trap directly by following the steps below.
Then, you have to prepare the materials below:
- Five gallon bucket
- Empty aluminum can
- Wire clothes hanger
- Scrap wood or the same for ramps
How to make it? Follow the simple instructions below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to remove the long straight part of a wire clothes hanger.
- Then, drill 2 pits on the opposite sides of a five gallon bucket.
- Now, get an aluminum 12 ounce beverage container that is empty.
- In this step, you need to drill 2 pits on opposite ends of the empty can.
- Next, thread the wire hanger via a bucket pit.
- In this stage, you have to thread the wire hanger via the can.
- And then thread the wire hanger via the second bucket pit.
- After that, bend the ends of the wire hanger to keep it in place.
- Now, spread a thin layer of peanut butter all over the can. You also have to make sure that one side is not
- heavier than the rest.
- Lay ramps that is led to the bait.
- The last, you just need to wait for hungry mouse to climb the ramp and then walk onto the wire hanger and try to set their feet on the freely spinning can. Then, you will see that they fall into the bottom of the bucket mouse trap antifreeze.